Are you looking for a new place to go camping or a new trail to hike? You’ve come to the right place. This section of My Wandering Voyage is dedicated to everything outdoor adventures – whether that’s hiking, camping or road trips.
I love getting out in nature, and I’d take a hike to an epic vista over the city life any day. When I’m not travelling, you can find me hiking on the Bruce Trail, camping at a provincial park or packing up the car for an awesome road trip.
There’s something peaceful about walking in the woods or waking up to the sound of birds. Some of my favourite adventures are ones that I’m breaking a sweat and enjoying everything nature has to offer.
New to hiking or camping? Check these posts out first:
- The Ultimate Guide to National Parks in Ontario
- Why you Should use a Hiking Log for your Adventures
- Beginner’s guide to camping + camping essentials + recipes [free checklist]
- Road trip tips: What you need to know about taking the perfect cross-country road trip
Here are some of my favourite popular adventures:
- The Complete Guide to Tobermory and Flowerpot Island Camping
- Everything you need to know about Pukaskwa National Park [+ hiking guide]
- Travel to Dark Sky Preserves in Canada and see the stars without light pollution [+Map]
Look for epic road trip ideas? Here are a few to start you off:
- Toronto to Thunder Bay: a 10-day Northern Ontario road trip along Lake Superior’s spectacular coast
- Unforgettable 5-day Vancouver Island Road Trip itinerary
- Must-see places between Jasper and Banff National Parks, Alberta
Leave No Trace
Here at My Wandering Voyage, I subscribe to the Leave No Trace principles. These are seven principles to promote responsible outdoor adventures and recreation, the basic message of which is to leave a place in better condition than what you found it.
If you too want to enjoy the outdoors as much as I do, then I suggest reading and understanding the Leave No Trace principles.
The seven Leave No Trace principles are:
- Plan Ahead and Prepare
- Travel and Camp on Durable Surfaces
- Dispose of Waste Properly
- Leave What You Find
- Minimize Campfire Impacts
- Respect Wildlife
- Be Considerate of Other Visitors