The sun is shining, the wind blowing through your hair, the tunes are jammin’. It’s road trip season, and it’s time for new horizons! Don’t be caught off guard and be prepared for anything that could happen with this essential road trip packing list.
ProductLorpen Innovative Technical Socks Outdoor & Mountaineering T2 liner.
SpecsThese are 75% merino wool, 15% Nylon and 10% LYCRA (a synthetic elastic fibre)The packaging boasts that this sock improves the warmth performance and wicking properties of your socks. It can be worn for daily use or used as a liner sock in spring, fall and winter.I purchased a small, crew cut pair.
TestedThe first time I wore these was on a 20km hike that had both dry and wet parts of the trail. The socks were tested in spring when it was wet out but the snow had disappeared.They held up great and I barely noticed that they were there. What I did notice what that I wasn’t getting blisters, so high-five for that.
- Added warmth;
- Did not go between my toes (I don’t like that feeling);
- Kept my feet dry, especially from sweat;
- No blisters on the usual areas (pinky toe and heels). This is such a big pro for me. I have a terrible time with shoes. While my hiking boots are broken in, I wanted to make sure that these guys wouldn’t give me anything to worry about, and they lived up to that; and
- There are no seams at the toes, which means no irritation!
- I did get a small, nonpainful blister on the bottom of my pinky toe, where I’ve actually never had a blister before. I’m not sure if the sock contributed to that or not.
- They are not as soft as I thought they would be.